Title: Outside Sales Representative
Summary of Position: This position is responsible for, but not limited to, selling galvanizing services throughout Washington and the surrounding states. By conduction sales out in the field via face-to-face interactions with both potential and existing customers. They are responsible for offering the best possible customer experience as well as providing hands-on explanations of any new or updated products when necessary. Their excellent social skills allow them to foster strong relationships, to which they can attribute much of their success. They must build trust and act as support for prospects, ensuring they lead to potential future sales.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, economics, communications, and/or any equivalent education that demonstrates expertise in customer engagement.
Must Have: A well-developed phone presence and high comfort level in initiating conversations. Self-starter and proactive problem solver, since not every day is the same and the workplace setting is constantly changing.
• A minimum of 4 years of outside sales experience is required.
• Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, fabrication or other custom metal coating operations is desired. Excellent customer relations skills. Marketing and market planning knowledge. In-depth knowledge of target market industries.
• Answer customer questions about services, prices, timelines, and credit terms.
• Recommend services to customers based on customers’ needs and interests.
• Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate services, explain product features, and solicit orders.
• Estimates or quote prices, warranties, and delivery dates in collaboration with the Director of Estimating and Plant Manager.
• Consult with clients after sales or contract signings to resolve problems and provide ongoing service.
• Prepare estimates and bids that meet specific customer needs.
• Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
• Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors’ products, prices, and sales.
• Negotiate prices and terms of sales and service agreements.
• Follow up on sales leads and make cold calls to potential customers.
• Follow establish budgetary restrictions.
Outside traveling sales around the PNW. Some exposure to outdoor elements and a production environment.
Most of the time is spent sitting, some standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting 25 lbs. Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand/arm motions.
Base + Commission- Depending on Experience