Title: Shipping and Receiving
Reports to: Company President and Plant Manager
Summary of Position:
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, leading shipping and receiving personnel in the receipt and shipment of materials, supplies, and products.
Primary Responsibilities (Shipping):
– Responsible for a smooth transition between the morning and swing shift supervisors.
– Prepares paperwork from completed galvanizing jobs for customer pick up and billing.
– Calls customers to advise job is completed and ready for pick up.
– Greets customers in Shipping Office and provides paperwork for signature for order pick up. Directs customers to loading location in yard.
– Tracks all picked up orders on Excel Spreadsheet with customer name, PO #, weight and date of receipt.
– Prepares COC (Certificate of Compliance) for each order by obtaining readings for galvanizing thickness and noting. COC is attached to paperwork that is sent to accounting for billing.
– Schedules, provides BOL’s and supervises loading of SGI fleet of trucks for pick -up and delivery of steel. This involves taking requests from customers and routing trucks in the most efficient manner.
– Note pick-ups and deliveries on trucking board. Keep track of changes made. Fill out necessary paperwork for truck drivers and have available on day of pick up or delivery.
– Make sure trucks leave facility at optimum time for that day’s work.
– Cold calling customers on a daily basis to promote Seattle Galvanizing Company, Inc. services.
– May do daily parts runs as needed.
Primary Responsibilities (Receiving):
– Responsible for meeting customer delivery schedules, communicating turnaround time to customers, supervising unloading of customer material.
– Notifies customers of any damage on steel and provides options for repair to customers. Follows up to make sure product is repaired and sent through galvanizing process as customer directed.
– Receives paperwork for delivered customer material and posts completion date on to commitment board.
– Works with lot ‘check in’ person and wire up personnel to determine whether additional customer action is needed on steel brought in for galvanizing. If further action needed, this position will call customer, get approval for action needed and appropriately note paperwork.
– Scout yard multiple times per day verifying that steel is tagged, packaged and placed in appropriate place for loading.
– Answers customer queries via email.
– Answers 50% of incoming phone calls from customers providing information on status of galvanizing job, quoting prices for incoming jobs, and answering customer questions.
Six months to one year related experience in the steel industry and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
– Full Time.
– Monday – Friday 6am-2:30pm. May include some weekends, holidays, and consistent overtime.
Will be required, as needed, to conduct daily parts run in the company truck.