Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Title: Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
Reports to: Shipping and Receiving Manager, Plant Manager, and Plant Consultant
Summary of Position:
This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, leading shipping and receiving personnel in the receipt and shipment of materials, supplies, and products.
Primary Responsibilities (Shipping):
- Responsible for a smooth transition between the morning and swing shift supervisors
- Prepare paperwork from completed galvanizing jobs for customer pick up and billing
- Call customers to advise job is completed and ready for pick up
- Greet customers in shipping office and provides paperwork for order pick up
- Track all picked up orders on spreadsheet
- Prepare certificate of compliance for each order by obtaining readings for galvanizing thickness and noting
- Schedule, provide bill of lading’s and supervise loading of trucks for pickup and delivery of steel
- Note pickup, delivery, and changes on trucking board
- Fill out necessary paperwork for truck drivers prior to day of pick up or delivery
- Make sure trucks leave facility at optimum time for that day’s work
- Cold calling customers on a daily basis to promote services
- May do daily part runs as needed
Primary Responsibilities (Receiving):
- Responsible for meeting customer delivery schedules, communicating turnaround time, supervising unloading of customer material
- Notify customer of any damage on steel and provide options for repair. Follows up on repairs to meet customer needs
- Receive paperwork for delivered material and posts completion date on the commitment board.
- Work with shipping and receiving assistant and wire up personnel to determine whether additional customer action is needed on the material. If further action needed, this position will call customer, get approval for action needed and appropriately note paperwork.
- Scout yard multiple times per day verifying that steel is tagged, packaged and placed in appropriate place for loading.
- Answer customer queries via email.
- Answer 50% of incoming phone calls from customers providing information on status of galvanizing job, quoting prices for incoming jobs, and answering questions.
Six months to one year related experience in the steel industry and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
Monday – Friday 6am-2:30pm. May include some weekends, holidays, and overtime.
Will be required, as needed, to conduct daily parts run in the company truck.