Title: General Labor
Reports To: Clean-up Lead, Plant Manager, and Plant Consultant
Summary of Position: This position will be responsible for, but not limited to, working with the lead to file steel after it has been galvanized, un-rack steel or wire steel up prior to being galvanized.
• Un-rack galvanized materials
• Count, mark, and tag parts with customers name and job numbers
• Clean galvanized products using hand files, grinders, wire brushes, etc.
• Remove sharp edges, excess galvanizing, by hand or with tools
• Tap nuts inside and outside of hollow structure
• Lift parts manually or with forklifts, pallet jacks, etc.
• Identify voids in galvanized coatings and repair using hot sticks, brush on paint, aerosol paints, liquid zinc, torches, etc.
• Stack parts using pallets, dunnage, shrink wrap and banding materials
• Wear appropriate protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations
• Proper area housekeeping duties
• Use proper lifting techniques
• Must be able to work in a wide range of weather conditions in a manufacturing environment under immediate supervision, for long shift periods
• Must be able to perform physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials
• Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
Monday – Friday 6am to 2:30pm (hours will vary based on business needs. May include some nights and weekends.)