Title: Foreman Assistant
Summary of Position:
This is a managerial position which is responsible for, but not limited to, managing and directing all plant operations with overall responsibility for quality, production, employees and maintenance.
Education, Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
- Bachelor’s degree in business management or engineering or related work experience is preferred
- Willing to obtain CPR, First Aid, Forklift, and Boom Lift.
- Preferably 3-5 years of management experience in the steel fabrication, steel coatings, or in hot dip galvanizing.
- Experience in plant maintenance, employee management and scheduling production.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of federal and state safety and environmental regulations.
- Knowledge of business and management principles such as strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods and coordination of people and resources.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal service. This includes customer need assessments, meeting quality standards for services and evaluating customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for personnel recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, labor relations and negotiation and personnel information system.
- Serves as the primary to the Plant Manager and Plant Consultant
- This position is a “hands on” roll and will be working with the crew as well as managing them
- Implement cost effective systems for control over capital, operating expenditures, manpower, wages and salaries.
- Establish and monitor overall plant performance for production and quality standards while maintaining strict process controls.
- Maintain existing plant facilities and equipment. Replaces or make adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary.
- Provide leadership and training to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Implement and maintain preventative maintenance programs.
- Maintain and enforce OSHA and other safety regulations.
- Recommend or implement measures to motivate employees and to improve production methods, equipment performance, product quality or efficiency.
- Recommend personnel action including, but not limited to, annual evaluations, promotions, hiring and firing.
- Responsible for maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Serves as the primary direct report for all facility personnel.
- Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping, reaching, and bending.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to see at close range and perform repetitive hand/arm motions.
Schedule: Mon-Fri 6:00am – 2:30pm (hours will vary based on business needs generally around 45-55 hours per week. May include some nights and weekends)