Title: Assistant Plant Maintenance
Reports to: Plant Manager
SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 6:00am – 2:30pm (hours will vary based on business needs. May include some nights and weekends).
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for, but not limited to, performing maintenance services in the areas of plumbing, electrical, welding, construction, painting and/or machine servicing. Electrical wiring, crane/hoist service and forklift maintenance is a major asset.
– Diagnoses mechanical problems and determines how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals and part catalogs when necessary.
– Diagnoses forklift and crane/hoist issues and determines how to correct them quickly and efficiently.
– Operates cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
– Repairs, replaces and reassembles defective equipment parts using hand and power tools.
– Orders parts, supplies and equipment from catalogs and suppliers.
– Performs routine preventive maintenance on equipment and buildings.
– Must have knowledge on preventative maintenance on forklift and heavy machinery.
– Must have 6 months experience.
– Must have knowledge in repairing air pumps and hydraulic presses.
– Demonstrated skill in resolving issues quickly and efficiently.
– Ability to operate a forklift (prior certification required).
– Have basic computer skills.
– Have great communication skills (written and oral).
– Must be able to multi task and work in a production environment.
– Safety conscious behavior.
– Excellent attendance.
– Team player.
– Lift, carry, push and or pull 50lbs occasionally.
– Squat/kneel, bend/stoop, twist/turn, grasp and reach overhead and outward frequently.
– Sit, stand, walk and drive for 1 – 10 hours per day.
– Ability to work in all weather conditions.
– Work in a fast-paced industrial environment wearing hearing protection, vision protection, steel-toed shoes and other appropriate protective driving gear.
• High school or equivalent